WELCOME TO A SPECIAL SUMMER PROJECT
Created by Madison Lee
former AAYF student
This project was created for Art At Your Fingertips (AAYF) by Madison Lee; a student at Henry M. Gunn High School in Palo Alto pursuing her Girl Scouts Gold Award. Madison chose Palos Verdes Art Center to be her community partner for this leadership award because of her positive experience with AAYF at Cornerstone Elementary School. Recognizing the disparity in resources for visual arts education, she chose to give back by providing our community with access to free summer art lessons. Now in our 90th year, PVAC is proud of its 45-year history of providing quality art instruction to our students through AAYF. We are grateful to Madison for her creativity and commitment to arts education and invite you to share the joy of art with your family.
• Introduce the Zentangle® Method and its origins
• Use key elements of art: line, shape, space, color, and value
• Demonstrate skill in use of tools and process: pen
• Create a piece of artwork inspired by the Zentangle ® Method
and AAYF logo
AT HOME SUPPLIES
- White paper
- A pencil
- A fine black pen, marker or ultra-fine sharpie
- Colored pencils, crayons, markers or paint, (only one color is needed), and
- A ruler or straight edge.
If you would like but completely optional, you can also get a:
- Printout of the exercise templates
- Glue stick, and
- Sheet of colored paper.
Distance Learning Tips – Suggestions to help make this experience enjoyable for all.
Elements of Art – Resource sheet with vocabulary used by artists.