December 1, 2023 – January 6, 2024
This juried all-media exhibition hosted by Palos Verdes Art Center is open exclusively to Palos Verdes Art Center (PVAC) members. Not a member yet? You can join PVAC at pvartcenter.org
JUROR: Paloma Barhaugh-Bordas
Originally from Denver, Paloma Barhaugh-Bordas is a printmaker, artist, educator and activist who reckons with what it means to live within the complicated, blurry lines of borders and ancestral lands. They earned their BA at Carleton College and their MFA in printmaking at the Rhode Island School of Design. Paloma’s work aims to portray the intersections between humans and nature, merging the two for insights on migration, queerness, and ever-shifting socio-geographic boundaries. To portray these aspects in regard to the living world around us, they utilize textiles, cyanotype, and mesh fabric printed with designs of trees, sky, and water. Their work has been shown at both national and international venues such as the Handwerker Gallery, Buffalo Artist’s Studios, and Sediment Arts. They have attended residencies at Casa Lu, ACRE, the Women’s Studio Workshop, the Kala Art Institute and at Japan’s Mi-Lab, and are now based in Los Angeles, CA.
Online Submission Dates via CaFE: September 15 – October 19.
Juror’s Selections Announced via CaFÉ: Friday, October 27.
Take-In of Selected Works: Friday, November 17 – 9:00 to 11:00 am.
Opening Reception: Friday, December 1 – 6:00 to 9:00 pm.
Close of Show: Saturday, January 6.
Art Pick-Up: Monday, January 8 – 9:00 to 11:00 am.
ON-LINE SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
- Go to www.callforentry.org
- Create a CaFÉ profile.
- Follow step-by-step instructions in CaFÉ for creating a profile. Please be sure to identify your media and substrate, for example, oil on canvas, digital print on Arches paper, etc. Ceramics may list type, such as stoneware or porcelain, and glaze, such as salt glaze, ash glaze, etc.
- File Type: JPEG or (.jpg) only.
- File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side.
- File Size: Under 5 MB.
- Color Profile: RGB
- Apply to call, The Winter Show. You may submit up to 3 pieces of art once your profile in CaFÉ is complete.
- Artists may submit up to 3 images, one for each piece of art that you enter.
- All work must be original to the artist and the source material must be original to the artist or from a permitted source.
- Artwork must have been produced within the last three years.
- Artwork previously exhibited at PVAC will not be accepted.
- The price you specify in CaFé must include the 25% commission charged by PVAC. If your work is accepted into the show, you may not change the price.
- Choose the title of your work carefully. Titles will not be changed after submission on CaFÉ.
- For assistance with CaFÉ submission, email email@example.com.
- Requirement for Entry: Current PVAC member in good standing. If you are not a current member, you may join at pvartcenter.org before submitting your entry.
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Attn: Eliza Rosado
- PVAC will take a 25% commission on all sales of exhibited artwork.
- PVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected entries.
Coverage applies only to the duration of the exhibition. PVAC carries no earthquake insurance. Artwork must remain in the exhibition until Monday, January 8.
Questions? Please contact Scott Andrews,