The Winter Show
December 4, 2021 – January 8, 2022
The Winter Show is a juried all-media online exhibition hosted by Palos Verdes Art Center open only to all Palos Verdes Art Center (PVAC) members. Not a member yet? You can join Palos Verdes Art Center at pvartcenter.org.
JUROR: SCARLET CHENG
Scarlet Cheng is an arts writer and college adjunct professor. She is a regular contributor to The Los Angeles Times, The Art Newspaper, and Artillery art magazine, and has been published in ARTnews, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
Ms. Cheng has authored numerous essays for monographs and art catalogs, including Made in China: New Ceramic Work by Keiko Fukazawa (2016), Quentin Shih’s Moving Theatre from Shanghai, Hong Kong, to Havana (2013), and Gwynn Murrill: Early Wood Sculpture (2011). Ms. Cheng also teaches art and film history at two of Southern California’s major art colleges, Art Center College of Design and Otis College of Art & Design.
Online Submission Dates via CaFE: October 7 – 30. There will be NO EXTENSION OF SUBMISSION DEADLINE!
Juror’s Selections Announced via CaFÉ: Monday, November 8.
Take-In of Selected Works: Friday, November 19 – 9:00 to 11:00 am.
Opening Reception: Saturday, December 4 – 6:00 to 9:00 pm.
Close of Show: Saturday, January 8.
Art Pick-Up: Monday, January 10 – 9:00 to 11:00 am.
ON-LINE SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
- Go to callforentry.org
- Create a CaFÉ profile.
- Follow step-by-step instructions in CaFÉ for creating a profile. Please be sure to identify your media and substrate, i.e. oil on canvas, digital print on paper, etc.
- File Type: JPEG or JPG only.
- File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side.
- File Size: Under 5 MB.
- Color Profile: RGB
- Apply to call, The Winter Show 2021. You may submit up to 3 pieces of art once your profile in CaFÉ is complete.
- Artists may submit 3 images, one for each piece of art that you enter.
- All work must be original to the artist and the source material must be original to the artist or from a permitted source.
- Artwork must have been produced within the last three years.
- Artwork previously exhibited at PVAC will not be accepted.
- Requirement for Entry: Current PVAC member in good standing. If you are not a current member, you may join at pvartcenter.org before submitting your entry.
- Entry Fee: $35