The Summer Show
July 18 – August 22, 2020
Juried all-media exhibition hosted by AND open for submission only to members of the Palos Verdes Art Center’s eight active artists groups: Artists Open Group, Pacific Arts Group, Paletteers, Palos Verdes Painters, Peninsula Artists, Photographic and Digital Artists, The Artists Studio, and Third Dimension.
NOTICE: PVAC is now placing images of all exhibition artwork online, in addition to hanging shows in our galleries. In the event that PVAC is still closed to the public due to Los Angeles County orders, this will be a virtual exhibition only, on view at pvartcenter.org.
Image: Via Delmonte by Jerry Kotler
Nina Zak Laddon is the co-founder of the Redondo Beach Arts as a Creative Advisor. She has been curator of CA 101 contemporary international art exhibition for the past 8 years. Nina is currently the TEDx Redondo Beach Organizer. See a video about the juror at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTghZ3cwmYI
Online Submission Dates via CaFÉ
Friday, May 1 – Thursday, June 4
Juror’s Selections Announced via CaFÉ
Friday, June 12
Take-In of Selected Works
Monday, July 13 – 9:00 to 11:00 am
Friday, July 17 – 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Close of Show & Pick Up of Art
Monday, August 24 – 9:00 to 11:00 am
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS PROCEDURE:
ARTISTS: Framing your work is not required this year,
because obtaining framers and framing services
may be difficult during COVID-19 health measures.
- Go to https://www.callforentry.org/
- Create a CaFÉ profile.
- Follow step-by-step instructions in CaFÉ for creating a profile. Please be sure to identify your media and substrate, i.e. oil on canvas, digital on copper, etc.
- Apply to call for PVAC Summer Show (LINK). You may submit up to 3 pieces of art once your profile in CaFÉ is complete.
- 2-Dimensional artists may submit only 3 images (one per entry).
- 3-Dimensional artists may submit only 3 images (one per entry.
- File Type: JPEG or JPG only.
- File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side.
- All artwork must be original to the artist and the source material must be original to the artist or from a permitted source.
- Please do not submit work that has been previously exhibited at PVAC.
- For assistance, call CaFÉ support: 303-629-1166.
REQUIREMENT FOR ENTRY:
- Current PVAC member in good-standing
- Active member in one of the 8 artists groups
- Juror selections will be announced through CaFÉ via email by Friday, June 12. (If you haven’t heard from CaFÉ by this date, check your spam and trash. You can also go to your CaFÉ portfolio and check there.)
- Juror-selected artwork must be hand-delivered to the Palos Verdes Art Center, Main Gallery on Monday, July 13 between 9:00 and 11:00 am.
- No early deliveries. All work must be delivered on July 13.
SIZE LIMIT & FRAMING:
- Maximum size allowable is 50×60 inches including framing for 2-dimensional artwork. This also applies to diptychs and triptychs. Weight is not to exceed 30 pounds.
- Maximum size for 3-dimensional artwork is 72x36x36 inches. Weight must not exceed 150 pounds.
- No damaged frames will be accepted; frames must be in good condition.
- All 2-dimensional work should be ready to hang; D-rings, wire or French cleats are acceptable.
- 1 1/2 inch stretched canvases need not be framed but should be painted on all sides. Canvases that are not stretched or thinner than 1 1/2 inches must be framed.
- PVAC reserves the right to refuse artwork that does not meet these requirements, even if accepted by Juror.
All media is eligible.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 pieces maximum, for a total fee of $35.
- Each artist may pay the entry fee on the CaFÉ website by credit card -or- by check made payable to PVAC with The Summer Show written on the memo line:
Palos Verdes Art Center
5504 W. Crestridge Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Attn: Eliza Rosado
- PVAC will take a 25% commission on all sales of exhibited artwork.
- PVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected entries.
CLOSE OF SHOW & PICK UP:
Monday, August 24 – 9:00 to 11:00 am
Coverage applies only to the duration of the exhibition. PVAC carries no earthquake insurance. Artwork must remain in the exhibition until Monday, August 24.
If you have any concerns, please contact Val Simon:
phone – 805-300-8946
email – firstname.lastname@example.org