Palos Verdes Art Center / Beverly G. Alpay Center for Arts Education, a nonprofit community visual arts school and gallery, inspires individuals to create, appreciate and celebrate art. Since it was founded in 1931, PVAC’s exhibition, education and outreach programs have made the visual arts available, accessible and affordable.
Palos Verdes Art Center provides an economically and ethnically diverse community with:
- Free art exhibitions, featuring national, international and regionally significant artists and juried exhibitions. Related educational programming includes docent tours, lectures, essays and supplementary workshops.
- The Studio School offers art classes for all ages and skill levels in drawing, painting, ceramics, textiles, design, art history, glass blowing and printmaking. Tuition is modest, and financial assistance is available.
- Art experiences for differently-abled youth and adults. Special Mornings works with students in special education classes in Los Angeles County.
- School-based art education for more than 7,000 Palos Verdes Peninsula students each year through Art at Your Fingertips.
- Opportunities to volunteer and to network with other artists.
Palos Verdes Art Center/ Beverly G. Alpay Center for Arts Education
inspires adults and children to create, appreciate and celebrate art.