Palos Verdes Art Center / Beverly G. Alpay Center for Arts Education, a nonprofit community visual arts school and gallery, inspires individuals to create, appreciate and celebrate art. Founded on May 11, 1931, PVAC’s exhibition, education and outreach programs have grown to make the visual arts available, accessible and affordable.
Palos Verdes Art Center provides an economically and ethnically diverse community with:
- Free art exhibitions, bringing significant art in all media to our community annual juried exhibitions for local artists. Related educational programming includes lectures and workshops.
- The Studio School offers art classes for all ages and skill levels in drawing, painting, ceramics, textiles, digital design, glassblowing, and printmaking.
- Art experiences for differently-abled youth and adults. Special Mornings works with students in special education classes in Los Angeles County.
- School-based art education for more than 7,000 Palos Verdes Peninsula students each year through Art at Your Fingertips.
- Opportunities to network with other artists in classes, exhibitions, and through PVAC Artists Groups.
Palos Verdes Art Center/ Beverly G. Alpay Center for Arts Education
inspires adults and children to create, appreciate and celebrate art.